Sunday, April 08, 2007

Hors d'Ouvres



Some stuff I made on Easter...

Potato crisps with creamy spicy sauce and some beef loin...

The potato crisps were prepared by thinly slicing a russet potato and frying in canola oil at 325 degrees. My came out slightly too dark in the photograph, I think. I sprinkled a little bit of salt on them right after they came out of the oil so the salt would adhere to the crisp.

The creamy spicey sauce is basically a homemade mayonnaise made with canola oil, eggs, lemon juice, salt and pepper blended with red chili sauce. This creates a creamy mayonnaise sauce with a nice spiciness.

I sauteed the beef loin using a medium skillet with some canola oil. I cooked it rare. Just a little salt and pepper to season...that's it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you going to have a recipe section? Maybe I missed it. These look great, would love to make them. Your coconut pie looks so yummy also.